Frequently Asked Questions

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact

The Shoulder staff at 251-626-2199 or 251-410-6420

Do I need an assessment?

Yes, an assessment is required for admission to the Residential Program.

How much does an assessment cost?

Assessments at The Shoulder are $50. To schedule an assessment, call 251-626-2199. If you have an assessment from another agency, a copy of that assessment must be faxed to 251-626-2388 to determine if The Shoulder will be an appropriate place for treatment.

What type of documentation do I need for services?

All potential clients must have a valid picture ID. Each client will need to have a ready to work physical and have a doctor authorize any medications (prescribed and over the counter) that you will be taking while at The Shoulder. Clients must be working and be able to provide a recent paycheck stub. 

Where can I get a physical?

Clients may go to American Family Care in Daphne for a physical and TB test. The cost is $59 paid directly to American Family Care. Forms needed for the physical are available at The Shoulder.

What are the fees for services?

There is an initial fee towards services of $400. There is a sliding scale fee for services based on the client's income. 

Can I provide my own transportation?

If you plan on having your vehicle on the premises, you will need to have a valid Driver License, proof of insurance, vehicle title and tag.

What items do I need to bring for the Residential Program?

Toiletries: shampoo, soap, razors, shaving cream, toothpaste, toothbrush, towels, wash cloths, etc.

Personal Clothing: storage is limited; bring only what will fit into one dresser and a small closet area

Bed linens: pillow, sheets, blankets, bed spread/comforter

Cell phone or alarm clock

Laundry Bag

Shower caddy/soap dish

​Clothes hangers