Careers at The Shoulder
To apply, submit your resume to Ben Wiles, Director of Operations
Title: Program Assistant
Reports To: Program Assistant Team Lead
Job Type: Part Time
This position serves a vital role in the overall mission of The Shoulder. Monitoring the daily activities of residents and ensuring their compliance to the program rules and regulations, transporting clients as needed, answering phones and providing basic information regarding the program, and assisting with the intake and discharge process.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Taking incoming calls and providing basic program information. Transferring calls to appropriate staff.
• Monitoring daily activities of residents to ensure compliance with program rules and regulations.
• Documenting any violations of program rules and regulations and communicating violations to appropriate staff.
• Conducting security rounds of the facility and monitoring security cameras. Responding to security issues as spelled out by program policy and procedure.
• Transporting residents to various appointments and local 12-step group meetings.
• Monitoring resident behavior while at off-site meetings and ensuring compliance with program rules and regulations regarding off-site meetings.
• Obtaining and maintaining MAC worker certification and assisting residents in their self-administration of medication in accordance to the MAC worker policies.
• Assisting in the intake process including performing inspections of resident belongings, conducting initial urine drug screen and breathalyzer, and orienting resident to the facility.
• Assisting in the discharge process by ensuring residents have all personal items including medication and completing all required discharge documentation.
• Conducting room and vehicle searches in accordance to program policy and procedure.
• Conducting urine drug screens in accordance with program policy and procedure.
• Monitoring supply needs and communicating those needs in a timely manner.
• Reading and responding to daily log entries.
• Documenting rule compliance and resident behavioral issues in the daily log book.
• Assisting with kitchen responsibilities including maintaining meal sign-up sheets, ensuring supplies are readily available, and assisting with meal prep as needed.
• Assisting visitors to the program as needed.
• Accepting and receipting donations that are dropped off at the facility.
• Work together with other employees utilizing a team approach to accomplish the overall mission of The Shoulder.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Join Our Team